Blankness

My life feels a little...blank right now. The kids have started school: my sweet daughter is now a confident third grader, my beautiful baby boy started kindergarten yesterday, and my funny and engaging students have begun their semester without me. My treatments don't start until next week. 

You'd think I'd be euphoric - No responsibilities! Time to read whatever I want! The ability to make lists of things I want to clear out and organize! Hours to take walks and practice yoga! But, all I want to do is sleep. I'm exhausted. The house is a bit of a mess and I didn't even manage to put away the laundry my mom came over and did for me (on her birthday, no less). I'm looking at the clothes I bought for fall semester and lamenting that I have no reason to wear them. The awesome boots my dad bought me don't fit my feet now, even though they did in the store (curse you, edema! *shaking fist*).  My pile of e-books that I've been dying to get through are gathering virtual dust. I have a migraine.  

I fell asleep at 9 pm last night (after taking a nap in the middle of the day, too) , woke up at 11:30 pm...and stayed wide awake until after 5 this morning. Ugh. What's my problem? Or maybe I just need a hot bath and a day to do nothing and I'll be ready to roll again after the long weekend. I don't know. 

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get my mojo back? I already watched "Austin Powers" and that did nothing.  

Comments

  1. Go inside and check. Sending you oooooodles of Love and Light... know we are all thinking of you and sending you great big cyber hugs - alas... this probably does not help... got any Valium? Or sing yourself "soft kitty" from the Big Bang Theory... <3 Here's hoping you set great sleep and wonderful sweet dreams tonight! <3 HUGS.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Tell me...what are you thinking?

Popular posts from this blog

The Anxiety Olympics Arena Is Temporarily Closed for Cleaning

Yoga for Cancer Patients: No Mat Required

2018 July 17: Crying in the MRI and My Friend Jen